Monday, December 05, 2022

The Less Said, The Better


 

Somehow, I guess I rattled some eyeballs last night. That post was the most-read since the end of October.

Oh, I'm not going to tell you "thousands" read the post. I'm not big on such exaggerations but I guess people care where Chris and I will be on Saturday.

You like us! You really like us!

Tonight's post? Well, meh.

Just feels like I could mentally use a time-out.

I feel like anything I have to say tonight is too volcanic or would be dangling on the edge of a volcano.

For what it's worth, as I pivot to something else, I'm going with the same holiday decorations as I did in 2021.

It's two season-themed Waffle House mugs, my WSNO radio station with the light-up tower, and my Santa Claus dressed in a 1938 Yankees/Joe DiMaggio jersey.

Look, space for a tree of any kind is really limited here, and, for what it's worth, I don't need a jolt of "holiday cheer." I realize there are all kinds of Christmas trees in all sizes but it's OK. The reason to have one is to have things for people when entertaining.

It's likely that the only beings who will be in this apartment are the trio of Adams boys: Man, son, and cat.

And maybe a landlord or repair person. 

In fact, it will take getting creative for Sean and me to have our Christmas Eve tradition of a movie (or movies) given there's one chair in the living room. Yes, we have two kitchen chairs and one office chair but none are what I would call "movie-watching chairs." Beyond that? Enjoy the floor!

We'll figure it all out. Given Christmas Eve/Day is a Saturday/Sunday this year, it will all be up to Sean and his mother, I guess, as they're the ones who make such calls.

Like I said: I feel like anything I have to say tonight is too volcanic or would be dangling on the edge of a volcano.

So, as always, I'll just adjust and deal.

Oh, and people have asked about WGCH airing the Greenwich football game and, yes, there's been outrage at the possibility that we might not. Thus, I add the following: no news.

I mean, that's it at the moment. Basically, everyone knows how Chris and I both feel. We're trying.

While I don't want it to happen like this, I will tell you that you could basically tell me on Saturday morning that we're calling the game (5:30 p.m. at The Rent in Hartford) at we'd be OK. We're that well-versed and we don't need days/hours/whatever to prepare. 

Still, we'll have answers before that.

Again: I feel like anything I have to say tonight is too volcanic or would be dangling on the edge of a volcano.

So I'll just focus on teaching at CSB tomorrow and basketball at Brunswick tomorrow evening.

And on that note, I'll end here for tonight.

No comments: