Monday, April 11, 2022

Write Something

 


The game ended and I packed up.

It was cold at Brunswick after a beautiful day.

The drive was the usual.

I listened to the "Office Ladies" podcast and came home.

I talked to Sean before he went into his room.

I sat down in the recliner and closed my eyes.

Zzzzzzzz.

So after a dinner that I was too tired to make (think pretzels instead), I'm sitting here conjuring up things to write about because we're almost 1200 days into a post-per-day odyssey.

Trust me, I'm wondering just how easy it will be to keep pulling this off come next week.

Maybe I can write a post or two before I get on the plane and schedule them to go out. Maybe I write on the plane.

I don't hate to fly but I don't love it either. The thing about is that I feel sardined. Oh, sure, I could feel that way in first class. It doesn't matter. But, of course, it's more claustrophobic in my usual seat where a peasant like me always flies.

In fact, if you don't know, I once had a borderline panic attack at roughly 35,000 feet over, say, Kansas or wherever we were. It was on a red-eye from Los Angeles to JFK. I was in a window seat and my plan was to sleep. I'm sure I did sleep some but roughly halfway through the flight, I felt completely penned in from every angle. 

It was terrible.

Eventually, I went to the restroom where I took a deep breath before convincing myself that I had to go back to my seat.

Whatever I did, it worked and I was able to get through the rest of the flight.

So, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of flying but I'll deal with it next week. My MacBook is small enough that I might be able to write a bit.

I'll also be using my noise-canceling headphones for podcasts and some relaxing music and whatever else the in-flight service allows.

Oh, for those wondering if I'm one of those who unbuckled and is standing as soon as we get to the gate, the answer is no. I don't get that. I want off -- oh, believe me, I can't wait to get off the plane at that point -- but nothing is going to accelerate that.

See, Despite not knowing where to talk about a few minutes ago, I've cranked out some words for your (hopeful) entertainment.

I could moan about the Yankees (four games in, mind you) but I've noticed that my baseball posts are some of the lowest-read. I mean, I sort of figured that's why you come here but it's your dime.

Still, it doesn't motivate me to write more about the sport.

I could write more about what I'm calling the "treasures" project, meaning the cleaning of my parent's house. And I will for sure. My sister was here last weekend and she texted me some pictures that she found.

She also gave me a copy of a letter that my father wrote to his mother in 1952.

So, yeah, there are some goodies to be found.

But tonight was simply about putting some words on the page. 

The other day, our friend and "co-conspirator" John Nash returned to the blogging world by doing a similar post. He had been missing for a few months and it was great to see him back. I hope the writing block is gone and we see more from him as soon as possible.

As for me? This is my post for tonight.

You'll hear from me again tomorrow.

No comments: