Wednesday, September 01, 2021

It's Like Thunder...and Lightning!

 

Beatles...Rain

Writing fast here tonight since the lights keep flashing and I think I just saw a dog or cat fly by the window.

Ida is here and, boy, is she pissed. She doesn't quite have the strength she had in Louisiana but wow is she beating us up a bit.

We have wind, rain, and very soggy ground so it makes for a bad combo. So far we've seen the power bounce a few times (though we haven't lost it...yet). Then Sean and I froze in the hallway as we listened to a tree clearly cracking. It could have been a branch. It could have been more.

But we're still here and still have power (for now).

There are warnings and watches all around.

And this was not even slightly the topic I planned to go on about but with resources being questionable and not looking forward to trying to create this on an iPhone or iPad I figured I was best to slap some words on the page.

The Clubhouse returned tonight and that was a nice thing. Renegades president and GM Steve Gliner was our first guest and I got a bit of a surprise. Dave Torromeo and Mark Jeffer both gave me a wonderful talk-up (I had no idea they were going to do that) and Steve responded by saying it's hopeful that I'm on the road also next season.

So I guess that means I'm back next season. There were a few things to take from that and I was quite grateful for all of it.

Doubleheader has had a productive, albeit grumpy few days. I try to create an interactive show that is fun. The guest issue is still a thing.

I'll be back on football -- really 11-on-11 football -- this Saturday for a scrimmage between Greenwich and Brunswick. That will be on Robcasting.

Sean and I are hosting the Greenwich Town Party once again and this year it is Sunday. We'll be on the air sometime after 11:30 am.

And we can pretty much lock it in that I'm returning to Greenwich football, though we have to lock up all of the pieces officially. The games will most likely air with audio on Robcasting and my voice joining the Local Live feed.

But I could definitely use a backup, and perhaps we could build that into backing me up for Brunswick games as well. So inquire within, I suppose. Barring a rainout I'll need help as soon as Sept 11 and Sept 18 but don't rule out Sept 24 and once more in October.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to monitoring this crazy weather as we've survived without losing power. But this rain is intense.

By the way, I hit my 31st anniversary in the radio business at midnight. Around now, 31 years ago, I was building up the courage to drive to Majic 105 for that first shift. Within a year I thought it might be all over, between politics and my own stupidity. Yet? Here we are. Go figure.

Onto year 32!

No comments: