Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Back to the Fun

 

Notepads, binders, a computer, and pretzels.
That's my Tuesday game prep

There are 13 precious games remaining over 12 nights.

That's it. After that, in all likelihood, I will have a lot less to say about the Renegades.

The Gades do have a shot at the playoffs but last week certainly dimmed the chances.

So, this morning into the afternoon, I cranked out stat packs and lineups (three versions!) and nudged for rosters and pitching rotations.

I also stuck my toe into high school sports where I began mapping out everything for Brunswick and Greenwich (and who knows what else?).

There are nights where I also have The Clubhouse and days where I have Hunt Scanlon conferences to attend and moderate.

It's a juggling act and I'll have to decline some and race between gigs.

We haven't finalized the Greenwich Football arrangement but, as of now, I plan to be at Westhill in Stamford for half of Saturday's game before turning the play-by-play over to Chris Erway (and hopefully someone else on color).

Next week, I might be able to pull it off but I'd still like an analyst/backup play-by-play in case I have to leave.

The following week could be the Gades' playoff series.

Then I get peace for a moment. Then comes back-to-back weddings over two weekends where I'll call Brunswick on one Saturday and race to Boston.

I know, I'm repeating myself but I'm also trying to dot "I's" and cross "T's".

But I'm ready to get back to Dutchess Stadium. Check that, I've been ready.

There are still tickets available for the final dates and I'm bummed that many of you haven't come up. There's still time. It's fun and affordable. Make it so.

Game one is tonight against the Brooklyn Cyclones (hi Mets fans!) at 7:05. 

Lineups are all set. 

No comments: