Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday. Just Friday.

 

Him? He's a cat.

It's a busy day around here so forgive me for being brief. Based on the number of reads currently, that doesn't really seem to be an issue.

Tomorrow is the first day of my 23rd season (yes, including last year) with Greenwich football. I realize two of those years were away with HAN but we still called games with the Cardinals during that stretch. I also realize I did just one game -- as a sideline reporter, no less -- in that first year, 1999.

So, if you're scoring at home, it's 20 total as "The 'Voice' of Greenwich Football." For what it's worth, why not count last year? I did a 7-on-7 game for the Cardinals and, regardless, I was ready to call games if they ever happened. If we want to be pedantic then we can pretend last year didn't exist.

This year will be different simply because of WGCH. As in, unless something changes, there won't be Greenwich football on WGCH. It's sad but so it goes. That's all I'll say about it for now.

So we'll move the audio broadcast to Robcasting (mixlr.com/robcasting-radio) and hopefully, I'll get a true website built for it eventually. Hopefully, we'll also secure a sponsor deal because, without one, I can't do the games. There is one group that wants to be involved and when everything is sealed I'll talk more about that. As you know, I'm no salesperson.

The video will be on Local Live and, so long as the connection is good, you'll hear my voice loud and clear.

You'll hear Chris Erway a lot this year, including during the second half of tomorrow's contest at Westhill. Chris is stepping in so that I can get away to the game at Dutchess Stadium. I expect to be around for most of next week's game as well. There appears to be just one other game -- Oct. 16 -- that I'll need a true fill-in. I have a few people in mind to run things.

If we can make it all work it could be the beginning of an exciting new era. I'd like to hang my banner somewhere and be able to pay the bills. I'd like to think people like the quality of the work that we've provided for roughly a quarter of a century (give or take).

Tomorrow will be hectic. Opening Day always is. Plus there's the lingering of the anniversary of Sept 11, 2001 that will hang around us. It should make for an emotional day.

So, 

2pm: Greenwich/Westhill in Stamford. Listen to me with Chris Erway as we call the action on Local Live and Robcasting. Chris will handle the second half play-by-play with, hopefully, someone else to help (Oh Kato...)

6pm: Brooklyn/Renegades at Dutchess Stadium on Z93, milb.tv, milb.com (Gameday Audio), hvrenegades.com and wherever you get your audio!

As for now? I have to start running around for tonight at 7pm. Plus "Doubleheader" at 4pm.

No big deal.

No comments: