Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Busy Stretch Begins

Today, at Brunswick
It's a happy time.

It's a challenge for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I called hockey today and will be on basketball tomorrow. Then back to hockey on Friday.

Next week begins a slate of FCIAC-palooza as I call all of the playoffs and championships that I can get my headset near.

Then back to Brunswick. Then more FCIAC.

All of this will air on Local Live (audio on Robcasting).

Plus the girls state hockey championship and the FCIAC freshman all-star game. At least, I think so.

There might be a brief chance to catch my breath before spring sports kicks in. Let the lacrosse, baseball, and softball flow!

I've started looking at spring schedules. Among the nuggets I've discovered, Mahopac plays John Jay East Fishkill at Dutchess Stadium in May. Let's just say I've already circled that one.

Beyond that, I don't know that I have much to offer tonight.

Plus, sometimes, we just need something positive, especially when the demons are hanging out nearby.

I'm not one for being phony and I don't post stuff just "because" but this one grabbed me, and I clearly wasn't alone.

Jake Schwartz, a junior at Glastonbury High School, wanted to ask Paige Drury to the prom. So he fashioned the word "prom" in braille as a nod to Paige, who is blind (story courtesy of WFSB, Channel 3).

It's just a simply beautiful moment that made me smile. Many have watched on social media, including my Facebook page. So, if you're in need of a nice moment, just watch.

No comments: