Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Climbing Out of the Rut

(Picture found at freshbooks.com)
Those bad days happen.

You grumble, growl, pout, try to write about it on social media, delete it, rewrite it, walk it back.

Your emotions go everywhere. The depression hits. Hard.

You sit and stew over it.

You sound like a mess on your own talk show.

And it just feels like you're getting repeatedly kicked in the face.

Someone violates your trust, you lose work, you run through walls for things, you slip and nearly fall, and on and on and on. It's one big disappointment sandwich right down to the spicy brown mustard.

I saw my mom tonight and she took one look at me and said, "What happened to the games you were supposed to call?"

But, she knew.

It's like a comedy. It could be a movie.

Sleep? Nah. Why?

Next day? Some improvement but you just feel ... hmmm ... done.

Just done with everything.

And, yet?

It could really always be worse.

So, as the best do, you dust yourself off, and look for something better.

You'll do something to make yourself feel good. Maybe nicer clothes than the jeans that are falling apart? Who knows, but try anything to get out of the hole.

Survivors are the best. The ones who get knocked down and come back.

I found myself wondering why I still do what I do. I'm still arguing with myself tonight.

But there's tomorrow. There's always tomorrow.

Get busy living or get busy dying. It worked for Red in The Shawshank Redemption.

Well, I'll try to sleep and get right back at it.

There's an FCIAC girls basketball championship to call and those teams (Ridgefield and Staples) deserve my best.

No comments: