Friday, February 28, 2020

A Buffalo Chicken Pizza Helps

Don't judge
While I would have preferred to work tonight and tomorrow, the key to life is taking lemons and making lemonade.

I wasn't aware of it but I was getting sick as yesterday rolled along. Then I left my soul at Trumbull High School for the FCIAC girls basketball championship.

By this morning, I discovered my voice was also still in Trumbull. So, on the advice of (not a) doctor, I decided to pass on doing Doubleheader.

So, I picked Sean up, brought him home, and chilled. But, we needed dinner.

Look, I'm a pizza guy and I don't mess around. I'll happily debate Staten Island, New Haven, Brooklyn, Manhattan, The Bronx, and drop in Sal's in Mamaroneck that has ruled my heart for about 30 years.

But, sometimes, in lieu of that, a (gasp) frozen pizza can do the job. Call it being not high-maintenance.

So we opted for a cheap buffalo chicken pizza from Stop and Shop.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pizza snobs, I get it. In reality, it's a pizza in a way that Chicago pizza is (OK, that was probably gratuitous) or Pizza Hut (that's more correct).

But, it was also comfort food on a night where peace and quiet with a simple dinner is the best way for the Adams boys to go.

Then I can go back to reading passive/aggressive tweets aimed my way. Might as well be a burner account.

Ah, comedy. Can't go wrong with the classics.

Oh, about last night. I'm astounded at the amount of reads that post got, as well as the reviews that the broadcast received. The things that made me happiest were to hear about how professional it sounded and how I knew the two teams so well.

Not bad for a guy who hadn't called a single FCIAC basketball game all season.

Unfortunately, we have to protect and promote ourselves sometimes, even if we don't want to.

M*A*S*H aired its big farewell on this day in 1983. This is how it ended.

No comments: