Saturday, February 15, 2020

No Stories. Not Really

Do you really care about this?
Let's face it: you don't care.

Do you really want to hear about running like crazy to the Wilton/Trumbull hockey game and how traffic in Connecticut is a joke?

Probably no more than you want to hear about how I had to bail after two periods to get to the FCIAC Wrestling Championships.

Or how Chris Erway crushed that broadcast. He did. He was tremendous.

No need to tell you how I was terrible on the air all day, in part because I was distracted thanks to having nothing to eat.

Some nights, I write these stories and think you want to hear them.

Some nights, I realize there are real stories far more profound than the dreck I write.

This isn't the result of a bad day or night or depression or anything nefarious.

It's just an occasional glimpse of perception.

I gave what I had to both broadcasts. I ran like crazy. I juggled. I did my best for today.

And I'll give it again tomorrow or whenever the next broadcast is.

No comments: