Monday, June 21, 2021

I've hit a wall

He's tired

 

Welcome to another edition of "Rob's Tired and Uninspired" brought to you by any one of a number of sleep aids.

I believe this is post number 904 in a row where I've warbled on about something.

Anything.

The Cat is passed out right near my feet on a sticky night in the 845.

There's supposed to be a hint of a thunderstorm roaring through here soon (Update: It's here).

And I'm writing more crap that isn't exactly the work of a great writer.

I'd like to dive into my thoughts on the "just a kid" topic that I poised the other day on Twitter, but it seems to be too much to handle.

Even as I try to conjure a way to write about it I find myself just opting to go all "Frozen." 

Let it go.

But when is a kid no longer a kid? When are they allowed to be criticized?

I think the answer has much more context to it. 

I saw some criticism of a young broadcaster a few weeks back and, to be clear, the person was wrong. Dead wrong. What the young broadcaster said was fine. However, if he said something was in left field when it was clearly in right? Well then that's different, I suppose. 

I guess it's also in how it's presented and who is presenting it. 

Anyway, there's much more to it and, in broadcasting, we don't have a delete button when things are live. 

Writers do.

*****

I saw the Greenwich football schedule is out and I've got a few conflicts.

Sep 11, 1:00 -- at Westhill (Renegades at 6pm)

Sep 18, 3:00 -- Ridgefield (Renegades at 6pm)

Sep 24, 7:00 -- at Shelton (I'm back for sure!)

Oct 16, 1:30 -- at St. Joe's (ummmm...)

Oct 22, 7:00 -- at Trumbull

Oct 30, 3:00 -- New Canaan

Nov 5, 7:00 -- at Danbury

Nov 13, 3:00 -- Stamford

Nov 25, 10am -- Staples

Maybe I can do six games? Maybe seven?

Believe me, I looked at Sep 11 and thought, "If they can finish quickly..." and immediately shot that out of my mind. Teams don't run the ball anymore. We're not done within 90 minutes to two hours.

So now the question becomes who fills in?

I can help with remote troubleshooting to an extent. That's where I'm helpful. But, damn, the first true Cardinals games since 2019 and it's most likely that I won't be there.

As always, I'll call whatever I can wherever and whenever I can.

I patiently await the Brunswick schedule also, or whoever else needs me.

Or wants me.

No comments: