Saturday, June 05, 2021

A sticky Saturday

 


I'm here literally to say hello.

It was a day of moving from one site to another. Plus it was a very hot day in the northeast.

I was back at Greenwich High School today for the showdown between GHS and Fairfield Warde. The two teams played an entertaining contest, resulting in the Cardinals moving on to the state semis on Tuesday. 

Today's final score was 5-2. Norwalk beat Ridgefield on the road, setting up a showdown between the Cardinals and Bears for the right to play in the state title game.

The game will be played at a neutral site, with Cubeta Stadium in Stamford being considered. I should add that I've also been asked already to call the contest. I'm happy to do it if I'm allowed to do so.

I truly appreciate every kind word I've received from listeners. It's almost sad that I have to remind everyone that I'm still out here, but I guess it is what it is. Still, it would just be nice to fill up my dance card much earlier. 

For instance, I already have a commitment next Saturday so I couldn't even call the state championship game if I wanted to. If only everyone would just have me keep it open but I assume I'm not needed for the state finals, despite enjoying calling them.

Otherwise, I make commitments and go where I'm wanted.

So, yes, it's been nice to remind some people that I'm still out here if you like what I do. Apparently, there are a few people.

I raced home from GHS for a lovely evening visiting with Mick, Gretchen, and Finnbar (who told Alexa the correct way to spell his name).

And now I'm tired. So is Rascal.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: