Friday, December 31, 2010

My Last Post For 2010

So we're done with this year.  I don't think I'll be on this weekend, so be well.  Enjoy the Winter Classic (if they play it, due to rain), and the orgy of bowl games (it's just too much, folks).  I'll probably root for TCU, since Carrie is fascinated with them.  I mean, Horned Frogs, people!  HORNED FROGS!

I must say I do reflect on the year that has passed from time to time, and I'm thinking about it today.  It's been quite a year, but don't we say that about every year?

I don't have the brain power this morning to evaluate and analyze everything that happened in 2010 (music, movies, sports, oil disaster, Haiti, blah blah blah...is that enough?).  The first thing that comes to my mind is meeting Carrie.  For me, that night will forever be etched in my mind.  It's a very pleasant memory.  Sorry to be trite, but the moment I saw her was a strong one.  It led to a relationship that has brought me so much happiness.

I gave my wishes last week, so we won't review.   Let's just say I simply hope for happier and brighter times for all of us.  Yet as I also always say, it's so foolish.  Why do we need January 1st to change?  It never works.  Why can't it be July 10th?

Or April 3rd?

So if that's your thing, then enjoy (and please be safe tonight).  For me, it's a flip of the calendar, and a reminder to write 2011 on things.

But I know this: we'll keep moving forward, as always.

Onward.

No comments: