Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Tuesday. That is All.

My wheels for the night. Sort of looks like what I currently have

So, yes, I wasted my breath last night.

With that, I should probably retire from political writing and never speak of politics again.

A post meant to be about peace and common sense had the impact of...well...it had no impact at all.

Nothing changed. Nothing. If anything, things got worse, I suppose.

We lack any ability to have civil discourse.

Therefore, I give up. Orange Man, bad. Biden, bad. Everything. Everyone. Bad.

Worst of all? Me. I'm bad because I try to be fair.

So, go on.

Keep posting your memes and other nonsense.

Keep hating.

No, I'm not surprised, to be clear.

It's just a bummer.

I try hard to be a rational, balanced voice of reason. I try to not offer any biases (and, yeah, some of you are going to say "Yankees" but so be it. I won't be able to change your mind.)

But it's disheartening.

I'll focus on the good of the day despite the insane heat.

It was 91 degrees in my apartment when I walked in.

Oh, and my electric bill went UP after I specifically backed OFF using electricity last month. If it is about the water heater, well, then I'm really failing because I took warm showers (at best), did laundry in cold water and washed dishes, shaved, etc, with a general aversion towards hot water.

I'm honestly almost considering a shutdown of a lot of stuff to see if things change though I doubt that's possible.

So, what gives? (Serious replies only. No, really, No snark. OK thanks.)

Fran. The Man.

And my car is now in the shop but let's take that as a good thing because the great Fran Pomarico gave me a Nissan Altima to use tonight that brought me joy as I came home from Dutchess County. I could drive that all the way down to North Carolina next week. It drives so nicely.

I'm grateful for Fran, Danny, and the team at Poughkeepsie Nissan. 

It was also nice to be back at Dutchess Stadium tonight. I'm always happy to see Sean but also happy to laugh with my friends there. Yeah, I goofed up a few times and that annoyed me but I'll be better.

Oh, and the booth was savage with a couple of proper digs at yours truly but I'll keep those to myself. All in good fun and well-played.

I also snuck in a Vin Scully reference without anyone noticing. Going slightly off-script, I welcomed everyone by saying "a very pleasant good evening." I might try to thread that in more moving forward without it hopefully being hokey.

Just a tip of the microphone, I guess.

I'll think about it.


Also, a nod to Olivia Newton-John. She was more than Sandy. She was Physical and Magic and took us to our own Xanadu. When asking the question, "Have You Never Been Mellow?" the correct answer became yes, for sure. 

Because yesterday, we were all mellow with her passing. Literally, nobody ever said a bad word about her.

Her music became passé, I suppose because tastes change. The 80s ultimately did that to a lot of people. That doesn't mean there wasn't universal love for her.

Because there was. 

So, fear not. Nobody will play B-17 moving forward for sure.

Much respect to her and condolences to her loved ones.

No comments: