Monday, August 08, 2022

Time to Repeat Myself

 



Seems Donald Trump is in some kind of trouble.

Again.

In this case, the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago.

And, as usual, tHe SmArT pEoPlE are posting about it.

This is how it works, right?

Well, I'm here to tell you that you're not helping things.

Democrats are supposedly the party that wants peace and love and yada yada so instead of posting tireless memes and wRiTiNg like that, maybe shut up and do something helpful.

Oh, the same goes for you, GOP. I'm very equal opportunity when it comes to this.

Trump is no longer president. I realize he's still in the news but, after a while, you can't but help think you have a bit of an obsession.

See, social media is supposed to be about pictures of our kids and reconnecting with old friends and making new friends, and so on.

It's not supposed to be about enabling idiots.

And, yet ...

The simple question is: who are you helping with the Trump posts?

Who are you helping with the anti-Biden stuff?

The president doesn't set gas prices. He doesn't raise him. He doesn't lower them. However, as Harry S. Truman once said, "The buck stops here." So, if you want to give President Biden credit for raising prices then you have to knock him when he lowers them.

It's called being fair (crazy concept, I know) but this is how it works.

Personally, I'd rather see him go after the corrupt oil execs who are inflating the prices (though they are currently on the decline) but what do I know?

Correct. I know nothing.

This is sadly a topic that I've written about before. Things happen in politics and idiots fan the flames. 

And enablers like the posts.

Oh, and I'll say it again: those of us in the media shouldn't be posting/retweeting such things. Perhaps that's a little "stay in your lane-ish" of me but it's how I feel. I mostly keep my thoughts (and prayers, ha) out of what I post. It sets one up to appear to have an agenda, even if they don't.

I don't think it's a good look. But, again, I know nothing.

As I've said before, we're a damaged lot lacking the ability to have civil discourse.

I've got news for you: this didn't start with DJ Trump. This is a snowball that's been building for years and any rational person with a brain can see it.

Yet, those who are so "peace-loving" just keep posting malevolent horse hockey every chance they get.

Just. Why?

Most of the memes aren't funny. They don't help.

The snide comments don't help.

None of it helps.

And those of you liking it aren't helping either.

I'm not one of those who buys into the "RT/Likes do not equal endorsements." While I get that it's a disclaimer, it's generally a fact that if I put my mouse behind something then I do support it. Thus, an endorsement.

But keep in mind it just feeds trolls. That's something else I've tried to say here for years.

I beg of you, friends. Please think about this stuff. Friendships are collapsing over these kinds of things. Families are being ripped apart. And we are continuing down a bad path as a country.

My father used to say do not discuss politics, religion, and money in certain circumstances and social settings. That seems like a pretty good rule of thumb, even all these years later.

I realize this post will be lightly read and mostly ignored.

So, cArRy On, I guess.

Sad.

No comments: