Thursday, August 18, 2022

Almost Time To Start Towards Home

 


Time flies. How else to describe it?

My hope was that three days of us was enough before anyone got sick of us.

Well, nobody gets sick of Sean, so I guess the expectation is that people get sick of me.

We arrived at Kristy and Hector's around noon on Tuesday and we've just returned from dinner for Thursday night. We're off to Delaware tomorrow morning.

I didn't know if we'd be here this summer but I'm glad we did. I'm grateful, in fact.

I was reminded without a doubt how comfortable the Fayetteville, NC area is for me.

Yes, I know. Read the headlines and there's crime here but where isn't crime an issue?

Once again this has been a place where we feel welcomed and loved. 

So we'll feel some sadness when we get on 95 north tomorrow morning.

But, for now, we have a few more hours as well as one more sleep.

Also lingering in the background is Mom, whose presence is still felt. We've all done our fair share of laughing at remembering the stories that she produced.

These trips to North Carolina became some of our last memories, though COVID cost us a final visit in 2020.

But we've hit each of the things that we wanted to do here in our brief hello.

I think -- not talking for Sean -- that we'll drive away satisfied and maybe ready to visit again.

There are still three more days of this adventure, beginning with tomorrow's drive back to Delaware before we meet up with road friends for the weekend's festivities in Philadelphia.

Sean and I didn't enjoy our last visit to the City of Brotherly Love, which included a rental car getting towed, a trip to a police station, a cab ride to an impound lot, and a lot of money to get out of the jam.

Hoping for a more pleasant visit this time.

Clearly.



No comments: