Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Halftime Show

 

(Photo: Getty)

So the third quarter of the Super Bowl just kicked off.

Meaning the halftime show just ended.

I've said for a few years that I'm not the target demographic and I'm fine with that.

Still, given the reaction on social media, it appears this was either THE GREATEST EVER or nah, PRINCE IS THE GREATEST EVER.

Oy.

I've said my piece on Prince before. It bored me.

I know, I know. How dare I?

As for what I just watched, well, it was fine. I happily settled in and watched it. 

It wasn't like (sorry, John Nash) the Maroon 5 debacle where I changed the channel before going back to it and felt like I was watching a car crash.

Or Coldplay.

Or Madonna.

Or the Black Eyed Peas.

It was fine. It entertained me. That is sort of the point, right?

I don't think I have an opinion on the best halftime show. In fact, I know I don't.

I mean, I love Paul McCartney but that one was safe. I liked Tom Petty. A few others.

So at this point, I don't care. Maybe that's the message. I didn't even flinch when they announced who was performing. It was time for rap and R&B to have their moment.

I have plenty of music if I want to listen to something else.

I can change the channel if I want to watch something else like I used to do back in the 90s when I'd go watch the special halftime edition of "In Living Color" which was far better than whatever train wreck was performing at the time.

The NFL could go back to Up With People or a marching band and I'd also be completely fine.

The NFL could shorten it or eliminate it to get back the actual game and I'd probably be happiest.

I've also been up since roughly 3:45 am and drove through snow that I didn't expect to deal with. In the end, it was no big deal. I called -- when it was all said and done -- seven hours of wrestling with and without Chris Erway.

Oh yeah, and I did wrestling alone for the first time and it wasn't a disaster. Maybe viewers felt differently and that's OK. 

So the halftime show really isn't a big deal to me. 

I didn't change the channel.

I didn't roll my eyes.

I was tapping my foot at times. 

The way I look at it, that's a win.

Oh, and the Chevrolet/Sopranos ad was incredible.



No comments: