Sunday, April 18, 2021

It happens

 

"Have a nice day." -- Forrest Gump

There's too much negativity, so I won't project it.

But I am OK after last night's tire event. I got home a little after midnight.

I feel fortunate that my cousin, Kris, was able to help me with the stubborn lugnut that probably would have destroyed my back (which was already sore enough) during l'affaire du tire (which is actually "pneu" in French apparently). 

He doesn't live too far from where I hung out on the side of Interstate 84 and I'm grateful for his help.

After he showed up, we were done in no time and spent more time catching up and talking than anything else.

Now I have to figure out how and where to get a tire. I also have to find the time to go sit in a tire shop. That means a likely lost day of work.

There are a ton of "what-ifs" I've considered, among them the simple version of getting off 84 at that exact exit, leading to the pothole. What if I had just stayed for the night in Milford, PA like I was considering? 

In fact, at one point, I was going to stay in Milford and then head to New Jersey Sunday morning for wrestling. That, however, changed. At another point, I was going to meet my niece Kristy somewhere around the Milford area and crash with her and her kids. That changed also.

But that thinking can make one crazy. It's the luck of the draw.

I know I don't need four tires but you know how these things work. That being said, if you have suggestions of a trusted tire source not too far from Mahopac, feel free to let me know.

But I see the blessings in all of it. Things can always be a lot worse.

Still, it's often so hard to stay upbeat, as I'm sure you can agree. No need to review the laundry list of why.

So I thought I'd just pop on and say hello. I have nothing profound to offer.

There will be a new podcast in my life soon.

I mowed part of the lawn today for the first time in 2021. So begins roughly six-plus months and that's actually a great thing.

The Yankees are bad. The Knicks are good. The Rangers are meh. The Mets have already won the World Series.

The Red Sox uniforms this weekend were not worth saying anything about.

What was a bright and sunny day has turned cloudy.

Honestly, that's about it.

No comments: