Sunday, April 04, 2021

Happy...holiday?



Today's a holiday. At least, that's what I see online.

Alexa says so. My calendar makes reference to it also.

So...good food, family, fun, FRIVOLITY!?

Surely, it HAS to be more fun than the holiday was in 2020, right?

But, wait. I'm looking around. It's just me and #TheCat.

Heck, I can't even get the memo right for "What to Wear on a Spring Holiday!"

I'm in gray comfy pants, slippers, a t-shirt...and my black Mahopac Baseball hoodie.

I'm supposed to be in pastels. Nice colors and so on.

I mean, this is fine. It's all on me. No hopping bunny and eggs. Just a black cat. We'll figure out some food. The cat will sleep. Maybe I will also.

If the weather gets nicer, I'll take a walk. I keep toying with taking my bicycle out also. But it's not quite warm enough to just sit in the yard, even in -- duh duh DAH! -- The Pod!

Which might be on display tomorrow at Brunswick.

Oh, hey, wait, in the midst of my Gilbert O'Sullivan "Alone Again (Naturally)"-based diatribe, I forgot to mention that I'm finally back on the air tomorrow calling sports.

And specifically, a little something I call baseball. Or Base Ball. Or rounders.

Game time is 3:30 p.m. and as we really don't do pregames on Local Live for the Brunswick coverage, I'll plan on talking to you in the 3:25 range. That's enough time to read the lineups and dive into the call.

Later in the week, I've got Brunswick and Trinity-Pawling twice, first on Friday for lacrosse at 3 p.m. Then on Saturday, I've got the Bruins and Pride for baseball at 4 p.m.

There might be a second game on Saturday (non-Brunswick division) but I'll hold that news until it's confirmed. Something different is in play.

No need to explain the whole upcoming schedule but my dance card has filled up a bit with games. If Brunswick is home for a game there's a solid chance I'll call it. There's even one really cool road trip planned in early May. I'll tell you the details as we get closer.

Plus I've got a youth baseball tripleheader in Milford, PA coming up on WYNY Radio (!) on Apr 17. Again, probably more details as I get closer.

And I hope Mahopac would like a visit. I know Trumbull does (thanks, TEN and Jeff Alterman).

Incidentally, the WYNY call letters were once licensed to three different frequencies around New York City but are now on 1450 AM in Milford, PA along with 106.9 FM. That's where I'll be heard in just under two weeks.

Save for road trips, when I'm not calling the Gades, I think I'll have my hands full with broadcasts and podcasts and video depos and more through the summer. Then Greenwich football returns and let's hope things keep rolling.

If life goes right, I hope to throw in a visit to North Carolina. I think there's some family that could use a visit (and I know I could use it).

It will be a lot of juggling. 

Anyway, if Easter is your thing, then enjoy it. 

Given where I am, it's just April 4.

Just me, a TV, Rascal, and Rev. Al Green.

No comments: