Thursday, October 17, 2024

Life Reclaimed

 


Thanks to various circumstances, I've dealt with difficult times financially.

To that end, I had to get creative. Protective.

Proactive.

Today, however, I took control again.

It involved the signing of papers and chatting with a professional.

When it was over, I felt more like myself again. It was almost like I got my own name back.

It has been a long road to this point and, believe me, we've not really reached the end of it. But we have reached a bit of a milestone.

It's truly sad the things we have to do for the purpose of survival but the art of such is always impressive. I have enormous respect for those who can dust themselves off and keep going. I try to emulate that. 

Survival comes in many forms. Physical. Mental. Spiritual. Financial. Emotional. And so on.

And, I suppose, I have also been a survivor. No matter the circumstances I've persevered to do what's best for me, my son, and my loved ones.

I guess it's one thing about this existence of mine that I'm proud of. 

Survival. Plus the ability to make the most of a bad situation. Which, as I type these words is also a form of survival.

Survival can be small and big. And medium. It comes in all sizes.

For too many years, there were others out to take from me. It all tended to go back to the same person but, still, it was different parties in the process.

Well, I'm not exposed to that any longer and, as a result, I can proudly sign my own name again.

Again, there are still things on this road to resolve. Plenty of speed bumps to maneuver.

But today was significant.

And I celebrate that.

No comments: