Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Target: Target

 

Rascal stretches after resting on the desk

Sean left the house today around 3 p.m.

He hasn't been gone in a few days so the silence here is a little weird.

And yet, unless I hear him talking to his friend Chris you'd almost not know that he was here, save for the visits to see the cat or to ask about dinner.

But, still, his room is completely empty now.

I welcome the peace but I'm also sorry to see him go so it's a mixed blessing. Yet he needs to do his own thing as well. Oh, believe me, I'm truly blessed to have the relationship that I have with him.

So I'm glad he's at the ballpark.

I'm not. Surprisingly, I'm free tonight.

In fact, I was free all day. I cleaned and reorganized my bedroom/office by moving the desk into the corner and freeing up space near the window. The TV also got moved.

Believe me, I know how to party.

The moving, vacuuming, dealing with the cat, and the overall process took a few hours but I was able to pull it together and have the place ready for me to host "Doubleheader."

Alas, our friend Rascal needed food so I ran out to get that and other supplies at Target.

First insight: why do people just stand in the aisle, clueless to the fact that someone would like to walk where you are. Literally, you and your cart are blocking the middle of the aisle.

But, more to the point, Target had no dry cat food. I mean, for the love of Garfield, are you kidding?

Oh, I found other things to pick up but nothing our furry friend would want to eat. A stop at Stop and Shop would be necessary.

Yet the Target in Port Chester -- only open just over a year -- is a strange land. I still can't believe they don't sell dry cat food and, to that end, I just searched the Target app.

"No longer sold at Port Chester."

Odd.

I guess I should have checked the app before I went out.

But I found a bag at Stop and Shop and worked my way back home to where Rascal was waiting.

I also got to park my car in the driveway and that's a commodity for me!

I told Sean one night how my father would have never allowed me to park there. He remained quiet.

Then I added his grandmother also wouldn't have allowed it.

"Well that I already knew," he said and we both laughed.

And so I'm home. 

Eating Girl Scouts cashews.

And watching the Yankees.

Incidentally, Domingo German has been pretty much nothing but trouble since he first got here.

Now, he's been thrown out of tonight's game and likely faces a ten-game suspension.

Oh, and off of last night's post, I got to wondering about the worst championship-winning broadcast call ever. I know Doc Emrick had an awkward one when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in overtime on a Patrick Kane goal in 2010. 

I know I have been brutally tough on some of my own winning calls where I thought I got too loud (Newtown hockey, 2014) or botched a detail (Darien baseball, 2016). So I get it. It happens.

But I don't think any of them are the worst ever.

So, what is?

Things to ponder.

Things that won't be found at Target at Port Chester.

Like dry cat food.

No comments: