Saturday, July 23, 2022

Eight Games Gone

 

Quincy, MA and Tri-County, ME prepare this morning.

Once again, I'm home from basically 12 hours of baseball play-by-play.

It was a long day.

The fourth game got interesting for a moment scores of 5-0, 13-1, 15-0, and 11-6 don't inspire, do they?

Oh, I'm not complaining. They can't all be nail-biters.

Tomorrow is the last day of pool play and, weather permitting, we'll get four more games in with the playoff round beginning on Monday.

The reviews have been kind and I'm so grateful. That's what makes me want to keep doing it. I admit that I was exhausted and basically dragged myself to Trumbull this morning. Then, I was slowly drifting off during the 15-0 game. 

So I'm going to try to sleep now and rev back up for tomorrow.

Games again at 10, 1, 4, and 7.

A big thanks to Shawn Sailer as well as the people in the booth for keeping me buzzing. They respond to my jokes and basically put with me and that helps my energy.

And they've been fantastic about keeping me hydrated and fed. That's monstrous.

I also did a better job of having some food available in case I needed it.

This is all that makes me love this experience every time. Even when it's a grind -- and it was today -- it beats so many other things I could be doing.

I get to call baseball. I get to make people happy. Where's the issue?

Although, apparently, I indirectly caused trouble too as people listened to the call. It's a little hard to explain but one of the pitchers today looked like he was throwing breaking pitches in the way the ball was moving. Someone was listening and, the short version is, that the player isn't supposed to be throwing breaking pitches. I reported they were because they were looking like it.

In truth, he was lobbing "fastballs."

Consternation followed, though not directly at me.

Sorry to have caused such an issue.

The power of the medium, I suppose.

Onto tomorrow as we sail past it the mid-point of games called in this tournament.

Fingers crossed for good weather.

And hope for more laughs and enjoyment.

That's why I keep coming back.

No comments: