Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Nominees Are...

 


From the FABULOUS Hyatt Place Hotel in Bowling Green, Kentucky, welcome to the 2021 MiLBYs! Tonight, we'll hand out the awards for excellence throughout Minor League Baseball. Now, give it up for your host GILBERT GOTTFRIED!

No, really, we're at that point. The nominees for the MiLBYS are out and the Hudson Valley Renegades have two nominees.

In the category of "Best Feel Good Moment" the Gades are up for the fantastic Disability Dream & Do (D3) Day while Anthony Volpe is up for "Top Offensive Player."

You can visit each of the pages (and link to the other categories) and place your votes. While I'd appreciate it if you checked off the two Renegades nominees, I respect whatever way you vote.

In that above (goofy) dream sequence of a fake awards show, I imaging the production playing highlights for the nominees. And so, for Volpe, it might include this:

I have to admit, that pleases me a great deal. Obviously, it's not about me -- nor should it be -- but I feel enormously blessed to have been the "voice" to describe those highlights and the others on Volpe's page. I also feel so happy to see the work of our entire crew receiving attention.

This one made me laugh. Volpe's family was at Dutchess Stadium on a rainy Sunday when Anthony hit one out. Spencer Pierce provided a level of commentary and Conor Santoianni let it breathe before dropping an anvil on Spencer. I reacted like they said nothing. It's comical.

I can't begin to explain how much I miss the stadium and the team and everything. I haven't been back that way since late at night following the last game and I think I need to visit. 

But the point of this post is to get you to vote for the various MiLBYS. So please do. Hopefully, the Gades pick up a few winners.

No comments: