Sunday, July 21, 2019

Onto Sunday

A hazy moon late on Saturday night

It's 1:43 a.m. on Sunday morning.

I just posted a few hours ago. But it's a new day, so this counts in our #Project365 effort.

I just got home from calling 28 innings of baseball spread out over 11+ hours, in a press box that simmered around 105 degrees most of the day and evening.

I never got heat exhaustion but I also probably never lost so much sweat in my life.

I'm grateful to AJ Szymanowski and Shawn Sailer for their efforts in the games. Plus they know how to sort of monitor me. We actually discussed stepping away because it was so oppressive, but we managed it really well. The deal was that we'd shut down at the first sign of trouble.

We even left and got dinner and willingly missed a half-inning.

In short, we were very smart about it.

Why the crew before us left the windows closed in that booth was beyond my level of comprehension. It was crazy hot, but the Robcasting team nailed it with four broadcasts that had hiccups but were technically strong and professional-sounding.

Quality matters to me.

The Robcasting Radio Blazin' Baseballapalooza continues today with these games, after a few adjustments:

10:00 a.m. -- FALL vs. Darien at Unity Park, Trumbull
5:30 p.m. -- Pittsfield, MS vs. Milford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford
8:00 p.m. -- Barre, VT vs. Stamford, CT at Cubeta Stadium, Stamford

Follow us on Twitter (@RobcastingRadio and @double5) for more info.

I'm going to sleep.

No comments: