Thursday, July 11, 2019

Chest Pain

It wasn't the big one

I felt a sharp pain at the top of my chest last night.

Obviously, as the son of a heart attack victim, this pain brought me a certain amount of concern.

So I took an aspirin and tried to minimize stress.

By 9:30, I was asleep. That's a rarity for me, and I knew I'd pay the price. I woke up a few times but kept going back to sleep.

Sure enough, I was awake by 2:30, and the chest pain was still there.

There were other conditions but you get the idea.

Over the next two hours, I focused on reading and trying to not think about things (unsuccessfully).

Of course, the whole no health insurance thing weighed on my mind (and on my still-sore ankle).

I was asleep again by 5:00 a.m. and got a few hours before beginning the day.

But the chest pain wasn't gone.

Thankfully it subsided later in the morning and life went on.

Long story short, I think it was something I ate.

Still, it scared me a little.

So there's that.

Quick side note: think good things (or whatever you do) for New Orleans as they deal with tropical storm Barry. It could become a full-blown hurricane, and we all know what they went through with Katrina in 2005.

No comments: