Thursday, May 02, 2024

Packing a Reprieve

 

Some of the items taken off the wall today.

I was working from home today and, whenever I had a break, I started taking things off the walls.

It means the personality comes down so there's a bit of a mental impact but I felt it was necessary to start.

I mean, time is ticking here and I tend to just act. In fact, I've been meaning to act for some time. I almost started packing the day we found out we had to move.

So down came the pictures of my parents and some artwork that I love and things like that. There's more but I need to get some boxes.

Mentally, it was a bit taxing because it was a bummer but it had to be done. I had to get started on moving forward.

So down came the personal effects in the kitchen.

Down came some of the road signs in the living room.

It was sad but it was also right.

It's a start and it will continue. But there was also a job to do and a job that I'm grateful for.

It was nice -- is that the word? -- to be sitting at the computer again for a deposition. It was positive to focus on that.

I can also do some other things from here at my desk that I need to catch up on and, of course, The Cat was a constant companion.

Food, on the other hand, wasn't present because we needed to go shopping.

However, I just ordered dinner and I'm treating us because we picked up some good news.

A "W" if you will.

Oh, the housing market remains stale (damn you that firmly don't accept cats) but we received word a short time ago that we have some extra time in our current home.

Now, before we start breaking out the happy snacks, note that Sean and I will remain aggressive in finding a new home. It's still the sooner, the better but at least we have a little breathing room.

We both feel thrilled to have more time but it doesn't diminish what is going on.

So if you see a place that would fit what we're looking for, don't hesitate. This just buys us a little more time and we're extremely grateful.

But the mission continues. So we'll keep looking and keep packing.

But, tonight, we can breathe a little.

Now, it's time for dinner.

No comments: