Friday, September 02, 2022

Two, Wait, Three Games

 

A nice September sky and the vista around Dutchess Stadium

Tonight began the final stretch of Renegades' regular season games for me.

I was scheduled for tonight and Sunday.

So it was all good but they're also in a bit of a crunch as many of the college students that they've relied on for staffing have gone back to school.

Some -- my child -- go to school locally so he's available.

But there was the matter of tomorrow's game and, when it was proposed to me, I figured why not add one more game?

So I'll be there all weekend.

I might not even do public address announcing. I might be truly behind the scenes and off-microphone.

If that's what they needed, well, I'll give that a shot.

Sean was happy to hear that I'd be around for all three games and, as a father, what else do I need to hear?

Yes, the miles driven will be a drag and of course, hotel prices are obnoxious so that's not even an option.

But it's time spent with family, friends, and baseball. 

Isn't that me?

Tonight was quite a night, with a national anthem singer who struggled with the words. She had a beautiful voice but, well, it happens. She stopped her first try, apologized, and started over. Then her brain locked on the second attempt. Soon, everyone in the stadium -- fans, players, umpires, support staff, and even the public address announcer, was joining in. It was actually pretty cool.

Friendly and mischievous

Then I had a raccoon climbing out the PA booth window at one point but, oh yeah, that's just our beloved Rascal (not to be confused with Rascal The Cat).

I'm also starting to dig in deeper on the rapidly approaching football season. I'm updating schedules and making sure we're ready. If I haven't said so already, we are coming back with Greenwich football on WGCH.

Brunswick football will have my voice on it again via LocalLive.

Of course, audio of the games will also run quietly on Robcasting. 

At this point, it's been over a month since I've called a game so I'll be jumpy come next Friday.

There's so much to do and, according to the schedule, Greenwich has a scrimmage tomorrow at Cardinal Stadium.

That seems like a good chance to go check-in.

That is before I go to Dutchess Stadium.

I figure I can chill out on Monday.

Maybe.

No comments: