Monday, August 26, 2019

Back With The Gades

 


I was back on the microphone tonight, calling three innings of minor league baseball as the Hudson Valley Renegades hosted the Connecticut Tigers.

It had been 33 days since my last game.

It's not really like riding a bike. I was raw and nervous. Plus, and I've said this before, I'm never comfortable in someone else's booth.

It's Josh Caray's booth. So he called six innings of action and I stayed quiet, just doing my scorecard.

But the middle three -- the fourth, fifth, and sixth -- were mine.

I gave it what I had. When I found a rhythm, it was OK. When I didn't, well, I'm a tough judge.

There were errors, for sure. I'd like to believe nothing was major or fatal.

I suppose I need to "put away the violins," as I was once told. I'm sure various and sundry people can understand that.

I'm back at it tomorrow, as I grabbed a little two-game stretch to call the Gades.

It was nice to have some family in the ballpark tonight, and there will be friends there tomorrow.

Plus I had a few loved ones listening.

I'm grateful for that support.

Anyway, these are important games to me (but then again, they're all important).

The games air on HVRenegades.com (or on TuneIn Radio) and I'd be pleased to have you tune in (bad pun) tomorrow night. The game is also on milb.com. Game time is 7 p.m.

No comments: