Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Night One

Early in the day -- under my bed

 

It's been a long day and I frankly have minimal cell service.

I don't have internet yet. That's supposed to come tomorrow, assuming I can make space for the Verizon tech to work.

So, tonight, I have no TV which is hardly an inconvenience. I turned this box on that I have. It's rectangular and is called a ... radio?

Yes. A radio.

I listed to my Yankees friends John and Suzyn call the Bombers' win over the Orioles as I began to finally unpack

The day was a delightful mix of anxiety, joy, laughter, horror, exhilaration, and now, exhaustion.

I stopped at the apartment three times:

- to settle in our Squeaky friend Rascal (and deal with laundry thanks to the aforementioned Squeaky)

- to pick up equipment, check on the cat, do a little bit of unpacking, and

- to come home for the night after "The Clubhouse."

That was the point of the strongest emotions. While I made the correct turn leaving Mount Kisco to go south on 684 I had this sad pang of wanting to go north.

But here I am.

I was finally greeted by our black, furry friend, who had some head rubs for me on my leg and is currently asleep a few feet from me. He explored my bedroom a little and it will all get easier from here.

The same can be said for me. I assembled a bit of my bedroom tonight -- some lighting, hanging clothes, plugging in fans, etc.

There will be more tomorrow. Plus Memorial Day weekend.

It's all good. I'll adjust.


It took Rascal three days to adjust when I brought him home for the first time. This time, he seems closer to being himself in roughly 24 hours. That's exactly what I hoped for.

Thanks for following me along on this journey. It will continue tomorrow.

No comments: