Sunday, August 29, 2021

Kind of a long day

 

Carson and his "great" Uncle. Who isn't really great but he tries.

It's just past 11 p.m. on Sunday.

The Yankees have lost.

The Mets are imploding (despite the fact that they won also).

The Renegades won.

And I'm just...baffled.

Nothing worth getting into tonight but that's the word: baffled.

I'm astounded at how Mets fans (some of them) can actually defend Javy Baez but I suppose I'll save that for tomorrow at 4pm. That will give me a few hours to chew on it all.

And spare me comparing it to Jack McDowell, 1995. That just proves that they don't know 1) baseball history and 2) what they're talking about given McDowell got ripped, including by me.

No. The blog didn't exist then.

Instead, I find myself keeping an eye on the Weather Channel and Hurricane Ida coverage. I'm generally a sucker for this stuff.

Of course, my first thought is that everyone is OK. 

I had to laugh at people freaking out over Al Roker covering the storm. People, pay attention, please. Al Roker has mega power at NBC and isn't going to do the show if he doesn't want to do it. To that end, he wrote on social media that he volunteered for it along with thoughts on how he and his crew were safe.

Also, "for those who think I'm too old to be doing this, try and keep up."

So, like virtually everyone else, take the "L" and move along.

Beyond that, I'm going to say no more.

I seem to have a way of getting myself in trouble, even when I'm not trying.

No comments: