Thursday, February 28, 2019

What a Night

Ridgefield celebrates
We saw the joy of sports again tonight at Wilton High School.

The Danbury Hatters had a 10-point lead with 3:30 to play in the fourth quarter of the FCIAC boys basketball championship game.

Then things changed.

The Ridgefield Tigers -- the number five seed in the tournament -- raced back with a 15-2 run to take the title from the third-seeded Hatters.

It's nights like this when I feel blessed to do what I do. The sweat, exhaustion, and frustration all become worth it. It further enhances how I want to call every game and can't get enough.

Often, the adrenaline will just flow out of me after a game like this. Tonight, I find I'm wired. Scott Ericson, Shawn Sailer, and I all expressed that on press row after it was all over.

I was joined on the broadcast by Joel Geriak, the excellent Wilton coach and a friend. Joel did some games last year, though we had never worked together. Still, as I always say, I'm fine so long as I have a feel for the person. I believed Joel would be great, and he was.

Enough babbling from me. Listen to this game. Watch this game. Read Scott's recap.

This is what it looked like on Fairfield.livehttps://fairfield.live/?p=11818

As for the audio, here's the full broadcast (download the whole game here)

This is the last 3:30 of the game.





Listen to the final moments as Ridgefield wins the title.


Check this out on Chirbit

I've got hockey over the weekend before heading back into basketball, and I've begun looking the baseball and lacrosse schedules over.

But thank you, Danbury, Ridgefield, and the FCIAC for the reminder of the wonder and joy of sports.


No comments: