Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mary Higgins Clark

I interviewed the wildly successful author Mary Higgins Clark on Monday for the Wilton Bulletin.  The finished product will be in tomorrow's paper.

I loved doing this one.

Seriously.  Over a thousand words on a remarkable woman.

She laughed with ease over the phone when I mentioned that I had listened to her so many times on "Imus on the Morning." She told me great stories about editing and writing for radio.

She mentioned Beyoncé and Jay-Z.

This was a story that gave me a chance to dig around and relay stories.

I asked on Facebook if anyone would like to submit questions to ask her.  A few people brought some value to the day.

Lisa's sister, Gina, wanted to know if Ms. Clark really once owned part of the New Jersey (now Brooklyn) Nets.  That made it into the story.

I couldn't get everything in from our 25 minute chat, but I like what I did put in.

OK.  Back to work.

No comments: