Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Dictionary Definition

As someone who enjoys writing, I also like words.  I don't think I'll ever have the widest vocabulary ever, but I do enjoy trying to use different terms.

Last week, while camping, we played a couple of those campfire-types of games.  Specifically we played things that involved words.  I don't remember each of the words I used, and trust me, not all of them were: A) fancy words and B) suitable for print.  But I do remember one that absolutely had my fellow campers scratching their heads:

Pedantic.

Let's head to dictionary.com for this one!

pe·dan·tic

[puh-dan-tik] 
adjective
1.
ostentatious in one's learning.
2.
overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.
So it is fair to say that my writing here could possibly be construed as being pedantic.  That is all.

No comments: