Sunday, March 25, 2012

Elton is 65!

I'm back from Vegas, where I'm not sure that anything that happened needed to "stay" there. Silly stories, good laughs, and a really sweet wedding with two really sweet people who are meant for each other. I'll post pictures and maybe tell you about the trip when time allows.

But I just saw Elton John has turned 65. One of the great musicians and songwriters (along with Bernie Taupin) of our time (granted, I'm less enamored with his latter work, but still, he's pretty brilliant).

Here he is doing one of my favorites, "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters." I'll always remember hearing this song as I rode the subways of New York just after meeting Carrie, and how it made me like the song even more.


And how can I possibly forget the Stewie Griffin/William Shatner take on Eltons' "Rocket Man?"

No comments: