Thursday, April 22, 2010

Linky Dinks and Such (with VIDEO)

I’m trying a software package that I haven’t tried before (Windows Live Writer).  It came with Windows 7 in my new (refurbished) laptop.  We’ll see how this goes.

I haven’t been around to talk about the Ben Roethlisberger thing.  I’m sum it up: Jackass.  Does that work?  Let me add that Roger Goodell thinks he is God and is making an example of him.  I’ll further add that, despite Ben’s poor judgment, I don’t want the Steelers to trade him.  We love second acts and redemption (present company included).  Let’s see it.

Yet, as always, somebody just HAS to play the race card.  Why is Ben not being covered like Tiger?  Ben was out doing dumb stuff, yet he wasn’t married and, as such, wasn’t cheating and further – HE WASN’T CHARGED WITH A CRIME.  Yet we always bring it back to race.  Here’s more via the National Sports Journalism Center and Dexter Rogers.

There was a time when WGCH began to dabble in Stamford sports, like covering Trinity Catholic’s boys’ basketball team in the state championship.  At the same time, we were doing talk shows and such, and Amanda Pape was someone I interviewed as she was destroying scoring records in Stamford.  Amanda was inducted into the Connecticut Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.  Dave Ruden has more and I’m getting old.

Baseball is back in Richmond, VA (yay for that), and the guys at Bus Leagues Baseball put together a video of their home opener.  Wish I was there but I think the gods are telling me I belong right where I am (now we’re in Rule 55 territory).  The video is liked here.

I hope to get to a game, if my dear friends from R-VA will have me (by the way, get well soon, Rebecca).

Staying in the minors, the New York-Penn League is asking fans to pick an all-time team.  Ballpark Digest has more.

The Greenwich Red and White football game is scheduled for Saturday, June 19th.  Let’s just say I have a HUGE conflict with it and will hope to resolve it.  In the meantime, the 2010 football schedule is beginning to trickle out.  Tim Parry has some details.

I’ll give you another “Rule 55” type of comment.  If things go the way I think they might, the 2010 football season will be a lot of fun.

For me.

Ross over at NYY Stadium Insider has some insights on some of the idiocy going on in the new House on E 161st St.  The Yankees don’t need to act like this.  Maybe chief mouthpiece Randy Levine (and Lonn Trost) can look into this stuff.

More links to come, but I have to get on the air with “The Press Box!”

No comments: