Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wow...Years Later

I have no doubt that sometime Sunday night, I will see the best Super Bowl halftime show ever - simply because I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. I loved last year's effort by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and thought Prince was dreadful a few years back. Before that, I thought Paul McCartney was awesome and the Stones were blah.

Or as Myron Cope would say, "feh."

But until Bruce rocks me on Sunday night, this is still the king of all halftime shows.

Try not to choke up...at least a little.

3 comments:

Mick said...

This might be a super bowl halftime clip - i saw the real deal 6 weeks after 9/11 at MSG and 4 days after the concert for NY. One of their best shows -- 2nd best show was this little stadium in the bronx - ya might of heard it, it's been discarded for a bigger and better version - yeah right!

Rob Adams said...

I really wish I had gone to see them on that tour. I know it was a very stripped down, no bullshit show - as opposed to the disappointing show I saw at the Garden in '05.

Vintage Richmond said...

Somehow I've never seen this before......amazing stuff.