Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phillies Win World Series

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies for winning the 2008 World Series.

I've ripped Fox many times, but I thought their presentation tonight was tremendous, and for all of the Joe Buck haters (these are the people that want him to turn into Gus Johnson), you're out to lunch. His call, and their production, was understated. Buck allowed the moment to happen - that's the style I prefer - and they let the pictures do the talking. It doesn't take a coronary to make a call great.

Over on radio, I listened to Harry Kalas, the veteran voice of the Phils, who was given the honor of calling the clinching ninth. Nice work there, as he reported and responded to calling his first-ever celebration.

Kudos to all.

As for the Rays, they're young. I was rooting for them, but as I had said, I'm not heartbroken to see the Phils win it, for a number of reasons. The Rays' time will come, and hopefully it won't be at the cost of the Yankees.

With that, baseball is done. See you in 2009.

No comments: