Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!



If anything can possibly make me smile during this unique holiday season, it's the little boy on the right. Sean remains the best gift that a daddy can ask for. He's precocious, inquisitive, hysterically funny, and smart. He has many wonderful (and not so many wonderful) qualities of both of his parents. And unfortunately, I suppose, he has a lot of his fathers looks. Can't win 'em all.

Anyway, I've laid low (just not feeling blog-worthy), but I had to stop in today to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I'm glad to have the network of great people that stop by to read. I'm glad to have friends and family that take the time to visit "Exit 55" and those who have reached out - either via email or in the comments.

I'm looking forward to 2008 as I've never looked forward to a new year before. I have great things in mind (some that might take until 2009 to bring to fruition, but we'll see).

It's great to be working again, and to be a part of WGCH's morning routine. I'm happy to say that we'll back on the air with hockey and basketball - as soon as next week. We just have to work out a few kinks. I'll be able to announce the schedule and staff in a few days...so stay tuned. Frankly, it's not enough games, but it's about time that games come back. Again, I'll have more to say when the time is right.

For today, whatever your preference is, just take a minute to count your blessings and embrace those close to you. And pray, meditate, speak in tongues - whatever - but just remember those lost and still fighting overseas. May they know the warmth and love of their homes by this time next year.

And may gas prices come down (the commute to Stamford is killing me), and may 107.1 The Peak take the odiously offensive version of "Do They Know It's Christmas" by the insipid Barenaked Ladies and burn it...immediately.

Feliz Christmas, y'all!

No comments: